Nominations are open for the following position:
There is an opening for the Louisiana State Board of Nursing for a nurse educator, the statute states “one of whom is a representative of an associate degree program in nursing, if such a representative applies to be and is submitted as a candidate for board membership in accordance with the provisions of R.S. 37:914(B);” If you are a nurse educator dedicated to safeguarding the life and health of the citizens of Louisiana by assuring persons practicing as registered nurses and advance practice registered nurses are competent and safe, then please apply.
Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:916 A (1-4) state the qualifications for each member of the LSBN
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of Louisiana for one-year immediately prior to appointment.
- Hold a current, unencumbered, unrestricted Louisiana license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Have three years of experience in the respective field of practice.
- Be actively engaged in the practice of nursing as a Registered Nurse at time of appointment.
- All applicants will be interviewed by the Louisiana State Nurses Association Board of Directors in early April, 2020.
In accordance with the requirements of La. R.S. 37:914 and La. R.S. 37:916 the Louisiana State Nurses Association submits the names of qualified applicants for each Louisiana State Board of Nursing vacancy to the Governor. The Governor then selects one person for each appointment.