Statewide Strategic Directions
In 2018, the Board of Directors initiated a new long-term focus on essential strategic directions that will serve as the focus of LSNA through 2021.
Strategic Direction 1: Advocacy
Strategic Direction 2: Professional Nurses are Leaders
Strategic Direction 3: Membership Development
Strategic Direction 4: Organizational Efficiency
These Strategic directions reflect the core mission and vision of LSNA as we work to provide leadership, advocacy, and support to professional nurses in Louisiana. Learn more about these strategic directions by scrolling down.
- Develop nursing as a powerful, voice to effect change
- Collaborate with legislators and other organizations who align with LSNA goals.
- Advancement of nursing, health policy, workplace advocacy and best practices
- Identify LSNA position related to relevant practice, legislation, and healthcare
Professional Nurses are Leaders
- Identify and promote Nurses as leaders and agents for change.
- Facilitate and promote leadership development opportunities for nurses
- Recognize and honor Nurse Leaders’ achievements and accomplishments
- Promote transition to practice and association engagement for new graduates.
- Effectively recruit, retain and engage members
- Promote affiliate membership/partnership with others that share LSNA’s mission.
- Develop and support district nurse leadership and meaningful member services
- Facilitate and lead messaging strategies via diverse communication methods
- Operate under best practice guidelines and standards of effective governance
- Establish standard practices for efficient operation and effective resource mgmt.
- Ensure fiscal stability and growth, including generation of non-dues revenue
- Uphold the accountability of paid staff, elected board members and volunteers.