The Louisiana Action Coalition 2019 Culture of Health Summit
Theme: Embracing Diversity and Fostering Inclusion for a Healthier Louisiana
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
NOTE: Registration and continental breakfast at 7:00 am – 8:00 am
Pennington Biomedical Research Center
6400 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Together, we will create a Call to Action and prioritize best practices and strategies to contribute to the emerging culture of health in Louisiana.
You will enjoy:
- Keynote speaker: Catherine Alicia Georges, EdD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Chair of the Department of Nursing at Lehman College, AARP’s National Volunteer President, 2019 American Academy of Nursing Living Legend
- Endnote Speaker: Barbara Nichols DNSc (hon), MS, RN, FAAN, Executive Director, Wisconsin Center for Nursing, Diversity Consultant for the Future of Nursing Campaign for Action, American Academy of Nursing Living Legend
- Alexander Billioux, MD, Assistant Secretary of Health, Office of Public Health, Louisiana Department of Health
- Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome, Chief Executive Officer, East Baton Rouge Parish, Leading a discussion with a panel of Mayors
- Joseph R. Rosier, Jr., CFA, CPA (Inactive), President and Chief Executive Officer, The Rapides Foundation, Moderating a conversation with a panel of Foundation leaders
- Living on a Bean: Making Tough Choices – An engaging interaction with HOPE Ministries
- Engaging and networking with community leaders, sharing strategies and solutions to improve health outcomes in Louisiana.
- CALL TO ACTION – Implement best practices and emerging strategies to promote equity, embrace diversity and foster inclusion for a healthier Louisiana using strategies that address the social determinants of health.
Who should be at the table: Professionals from all facets and disciplines who impact healthcare and healthcare outcomes in Louisiana
Please join us for this exciting opportunity to collaborate with others to affect positive change in communities across the state.
Registration is limited so reserve your seat now!
Please go to the LAC website for additional information about the 2019 Culture of Health Summit: https://www.
For questions related to the 2019 Culture of Health Summit or information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Dr. Cynthia Bienemy or Ms. Sarah Luneau at email@example.com.